Friends who may be


You can hold my hand if you want to… But at the end of the day, I really need to be with myself. Reminds you of a silly summer song, doesn’t it? I had to borrow its words though because it reflects my life all too well right now.

It’s a small place, he said, we’ll run into each other. We did, of course. It’s a fake attraction, I told myself. My head gets light when I sense free spirit and creativity and he, too, is free-spirited and creative. But I need my space more than anything right now. I need to straighten things up within me before I can give again, and it might take time. Is friendship an option or do things not work like that in real world? Maybe I live in a fairy tale because that way I don’t have to lose anymore. I only hope I can keep my newly found friend.

0 comments:

 
Copyright © J o u r n a b b l e